Happy Fall sweet clients and friends. With a new season comes change. In other places you watch the leaves change color and slip gracefully to their crunchy grave on the ground, but here in Texas we bust out boots and sweaters on Monday, and slip into a tank top on Tuesday. We wonder if we will sweat through our Halloween Costumes or have to ruin them with a sweater. Long story short the one thing you can bet on is things are changing. People like to change their hair, their clothes, their flavors…. Queue Pumpkin Spice Season. Here are some Autumn ideas for fun little changes you may want to make. Spoiler alert all of these ideas are GOOD FOR YOU!
- Everybody wants to change their hair color when the seasons change. That is a given, but with all the heaters coming on we suck every bit of moisture out of the air. Couple that with the summer damage we have done, and you hair is probably fried. I would like to suggest that it is the PERFECT time of year for Hair Treatments. Put that moisture back in there baby.
- Change up the product girl! It is time to bust out your hair oils, smoothing products and thicker conditioners. If you get oily hair, have fine hair or a lot of damage I would like to introduce my new favorite line of products… Hairstory is a whole new way of shampooing. One product to rule them all. No more Shampoo and then Conditioner. I can only share my experience. The non suds nature was odd for me at first but once my hair dried I could not stop touching it. I knew this product was amazing, and the shampoo brush is the perfect perk. Dare I say my split ends are better… Yes I do. It is a pro product so you will need a link to buy. I will share mine here for you to take a look. xoxo Hairstory Link
- Everybody wants to go darker for the fall but when I think fall I immediately see Pumpkin Spice, Caramel, Cinnamon, fallen leaves, Hot Chocolate… I think warmth. Ask your Hairstylist if you have the skin tone to go in a copper, red or golden direction instead of just plain dark. You can always do this in a semi permanent which will allow for easy change if you want to go back after the seasons change.
- I know it seems typical to grow your hair out to keep you warm during the winter, but consider going in the opposite direction. A textured bob paired with a beautiful scarf and some chunky earrings is a very trendy way to spend your fall season.
- This suggestion is only hair related in the sense that I own a small local Hair Salon in Dripping Springs, but I am going to throw it out there anyways. As Christmas approaches SHOP LOCAL! Your small local businesses need your support more than the typical chains do. Gift cards, stocking stuffers, packages, products and so much more unique, and interesting finds await you in that sweet local shop you may not have noticed before. You can expect to find a local business guide for Christmas shopping in my next article.
Until then. Thank you for reading all about the 5 Autumn Ideas I had for your hair. As always I am available for all of your questions, comments, and ideas for future articles. I hope you are having a wonderful Fall Season so far.
Peace. Love. Pomme