We filmed this tutorial with our Makeup Artist Ashlyn Lane to give you really good advice on your eye makeup application. You can book a one on one tutorial with her through Pomme Salon & Spa by calling 512-894-2611.
By: Olivia Bergsrud
Before receiving a chemical peel clients usually have a lot of questions and it is important to consult a professional. I am here to give you some insight on the benefits…
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel uses different ingredients that work together to help speed up your skins exfoliation process and cell turnover rate. This also causes new skin to become visible, helping reach your skincare goals.
What do Chemical Peels treat?
Chemical peels are great for all skin types. We offer five different peels at our salon with different ingredients to help with your skin care needs.
Our peels may include:
•Glycolic Salicylic Azelaic which is great for very dry or oily skin.
•Mandelic is a great beginner peels for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
•Beta Clarity works to improve acne prone skin, large pores, and to control future breakouts.
•Hydra Radiance helps with fine lines, wrinkles, and hyper-pigmentation.
•Triple Transformation addresses all skin care needs aggressively.
You are able to mix and match all these peels so they are customized to your skin type.
How will my skin look after a Chemical Peel?
Your skin may look flushed for the next few hours. You may have light peeling or flaking for the next 3-5 days. We suggest moisturizing day and night to help with this process.
Why do I need a Chemical Peel?
Your skins natural cell turnover rate is every 28 days. By receiving chemical peels regularly this helps encourage this process to happen faster, giving you healthier skin. Whether you want to work on diminishing your fine lines or you just want to brighten your skins appearance a chemical peel will be your best friend!
I hope this helps you understand how amazing chemical peels are for all of your skin care goals. If you have any questions please give us a call or come in for a complimentary skin care consultation.
I look forward to meeting you all!
Hey there ORANGE lipstick here. Just checking in with all my bright and shining glory. Ever thought about slipping a little bit of this magic right on those perfect lips? No. Oh. That’s really sad. Lets talk about that…
There are a lot of choices out there when it comes to your lips. Most people choose to shy away from colors that are very bright or obvious. I am going to shine a light on your choices by breaking it down for you technically because there is a science to your color choices.
Introducing the color wheel. A basic color wheel consists of your primary colors. Red, blue and yellow. All other colors come from mixing these three OG’s. When you start to put these colors together you can see that you get your purples greens and oranges. The colors on either side of any specific color are called complimentary colors. This means that they look good together.
The next thing to know is that there are different tones. They can really be categorized into 3 areas. There are cool tones, warm tones and neutral tones. The key to finding your PERFECT LIP COLOR is to figure out what your skin’s under tone is. I have a pink undertone in my skin. This is why I flush easily and have some skin sensitivities. This is common in people with fair skin.
The next tidbit is that anything on the yellow, orange and red side are warm tones. Pink is actually red and white which means there is a warmth to that tone as well. Since pink is basically red that means I actually have a warm undertone despite how fair-skinned I am.
Are you totally bored yet? Hang in there because I promise you will really appreciate this when you find your signature color. So if you look at the color on either side of red which we have established is my skin’s undertone you can see that the complimentary colors are purple and orange. So you have seen me in Orange lipstick. Let’s test the theory with a little photo of my lips decked out in purple. The key here is to select a purple on the warm side. Anything to blue will actually be cool which is the opposite of my skins warm undertone. Blue is fun and I rock it on occasion but I admit it does not look as good as the purple and orange lipsticks I use.
Surprise! Doesn’t it look good. I know you had your doubts. I’m not mad. Now that you know you can determine what your skin’s undertone is you can try out all the lips shades you never thought you could wear! For example if you have that olive skin it is actually a green undertone. Try a golden lipstick shade or you will be surprised to find that a blue or teal lip color might look good on you! I know it’s daring but you can try it out at home on a Sunday when nobody is watching.
Ultimately determining your undertone is key to finding your complimentary colors. If you don’t know how to start all you have to do is book a consultation with your stylist. They can help you discover all kinds of fun things about your look. This same concept is transferable to your hair and clothes to. You can book your consultation on our website at http://www.pommespa.com with any of our amazing stylists. Until then Peace. Love. Pomme.
Bear with me. I swear this post is not all about hair. You will have to trust me for a moment on this one…
As a Hairstylist my inspiration for this post struck as I decided to try something crazy at the salon today. I had a client who was talking about how her blonde hair just seemed dull. Most blondes do not want to be “yellow” or “brassy”. To achieve that cool blonde look we as stylists will usually apply a toner. Also knowns as a glaze. That toner usually has… well. A tone. For cancelling yellows you choose purple for orange you choose blue. Are you still with me? I don’t mean to geek out on you but this was the process of my epiphany. So here I go. Ash based toners tend to have a more dense color molecule. That means even if you choose the lightest possible toner it will tone down the yellow AND sometimes the brightness as well. It is hard to achieve one fully without the other. To cancel out brass and keep that light bright effect is the stuff of pure Hairstylist genius. This is why people pay us the big bucks.
Suddenly it hit me. There is a product that most color lines have these days and its clear. Well typically I would use that to add a shine or liven up a clients ends. BAM. Liven up and maybe BRIGHTEN up??? I took the plunge. The results speak for themselves. Check out these photos and please excuse the background. They are not professionally created. I was just to excited about the results to let her out the door without a photo.
Long story short. It worked! I was giddy at the results. As I reflected on how excited I was and what a hair dork I am a phrase popped in my head. “The power of clear.”
Clear is after all synonymous with the word cleanse. When you have your aura or a room cleansed your just having it cleaned of all the energy that occurred there so you could start fresh and fill your space with positivity and light.
I cleared my desk. After that I went and cleared my stylist area and the sink. I felt so good I decided to do something else. I set out to clear my mind. I realize this is a deep decision and that I am about to embark upon a journey that will probably take years. I will clear my mind of childhood baggage, unfounded insecurities, negative self talk and basically whatever else I can think of that may be weighing me down. I will undoubtedly report back on my progress and hiccups on my way to clarity but I hope you stay tuned. You can expect brutal honesty above all else.
Maybe with such a clear plate I will be free to enjoy life on my terms as a Stylist, Salon owner, mom and partner or hell as ME clean and clear of labels. I would love to hear your perspective on ” The power of Clear ” and what it could mean for you. Feel free to comment your own thoughts and epiphanies on the subject or private message me via email email@example.com.
Until next time.
There are a million reasons I believe we should be getting our hair and makeup done professionally at least 4 times a year but New Years Eve is especially important. The truth is that it has much less to do with they way you look and a lot to do with the way you feel. How you feel on New Years Eve really sets the tone for the entire year. My personal advice would be DO SOMETHING. Anything really. Even if your plan is to stay home and put your kids to bed on time, try to make it special. Maybe a New Years bed time book, a new tradition with your kids or a home date with your partner after the kids are down for the night. Maybe you need to make more time for yourself and a little alone time is just the ticket… All of these options are more than viable and can catapult you into a succesful and happy year ahead.
If you are going out I would like to suggest a New Years Eve pampering sess. Hair, Makeup, Nails WHATEVER makes YOU feel good. New Years Eve should be about self-care. There are a hundred holidays for everybody else. Hell. Even on your birthday there is usually friends and family who want to celebrate your life with you. New Years Eve though, is an unclaimed holiday. Take it for yourselves!
With that in mind here are 5 reasons why you should get your hair and makeup professionally done if you are going out on New Years Eve.
- New Year Beautiful You. It’s important to feel like the most beautiful version of ourselves every once in a while. While we can get busy with life, kids, commuting, careers, hobbies, friends and families it is really important to just feel good about YOUrself. Let a professional help. They know what they are doing. If you have a regular hairstylist you already trust then start there. They know your style and what you think is beautiful. Let them make your inner beauty shine out and start the year off right.
- You can often use your shampoo / blow out as an opportunity to learn something. Ask your stylist for some tips on how to recreate the look yourself. Whenever you take the time to put some effort into your appearance you give the impression to the world that you give a sh#@. Sometimes that can prove invaluable. When you are trying to advance in your career or teach your kids about self-care and hygiene for example. I know it is easier to roll out of bed and let your hair air dry and trust me I do myself at least 95% of the time but this year I’m thinking I can try to take care of me a little bit more. That starts with giving myself the sleep I need to get up early enough to take care of my body.
- The salon is a really valuable networking tool. It might not pop into your head as the first place you would go to meet people but I can’t tell you have many bonds have been forged in a hair salon. You would be surprised who you can come across by spending a couple of hours at the salon. Are you in real estate? Somebody the next chair over might be desperate to sell their house and looking FOR YOU! Need family photos taken? Your hairstylist or Makeup Artist knows everybody. Strike up simple, friendly conversations with kindred spirits and let that carry you right into the New Year.
- Good Energy. If you love your local salon then that place should be full of good energy which is the best place to be when you are getting ready to ring in a New Year. Good conversations, good vibes, great hair, beautiful makeup and a PERFECT New Year. Let it all rub off on you and then carry that to your party or date and revel in all that is good as you celebrate your way through New Years Eve.
- Relaxation. The salon experience can be as relaxing as it is fun. There is nothing better than entering one of your favorite places and feeling completely relaxed and at home. Let your stylist take you into their hands while you sit back and enjoy the company while you relax it out. Emerge beautiful, bright and totally chill. So ready to take on another year.
My last piece of advice is to choose a stylist that you trust. It might not be the night to use that Groupon you bought on a whim for a really cheap haircut. If your going to get the most out of the experience you have to feel comfortable enough to let your stylist take care of you. A really good stylist should be doing an in-depth consultation the first time they see you. If you’re visiting someone new on NYE just take your time talking with them before hand and get comfortable with their plans for your look.
Other than that have fun, party hard, enjoy your life and Happy New Year!
I would like to take a moment to discuss something with you all… My current NAIL OBSESSION. I can’t stop. Heres the thing. It can definately be considered a want as opossed to a NEED. While this may be true for some it’s really not for me and maybe not for you either.
- My job requires that I look relatively put together. A simple manicure can really pull together a more casual outfit and make you look a little “polished.” (haha)
- If done appropriately it can protect the health and well being of your natural nails. Obviously this does not apply if your allowing your stylist to use a drill on your natural nail or if your using low quality polishes which tend to be chock full of harmful ingredients.
- Bye bye breakage. I have nails that love to split or crack on the edges. Its annoying. How can I EVER grow my nails out if they are constantly breaking forcing me to trim the excess. Because, well an uneven nail is one of the worlds most annoying things. A nice basic polish or SNS can help you grow your nails and minimize breakage.
If your still with me then professional nail care is probably more of a requirement for you too. No worries! Introducing my current NAIL OBSESSION… Smith and Cult nail polish.
I would like to propose bringing back the healthiest possible form of professional nail care. The traditional manicure. Add the spa like qualities we have come to know and love today like massage and a glass of wine and presto. You have the healthiest possible way to professionaly care for your nails and keep them safe and happy. Take home a bottle of Smith and Cult polish in the color you chose and apply touch ups. VOILA your traditional mani will last alot longer!
Your Welcome. 😉
P.S. This polish is to die for on your toes too.
With Love your friend in fashion,
Stylist / Owner
Pomme Salon & Spa