Happy Fall sweet clients and friends. With a new season comes change. In other places you watch the leaves change color and slip gracefully to their crunchy grave on the ground, but here in Texas we bust out boots and sweaters on Monday, and slip into a tank top on Tuesday. We wonder if we will sweat through our Halloween Costumes or have to ruin them with a sweater. Long story short the one thing you can bet on is things are changing. People like to change their hair, their clothes, their flavors…. Queue Pumpkin Spice Season. Here are some Autumn ideas for fun little changes you may want to make. Spoiler alert all of these ideas are GOOD FOR YOU!
- Everybody wants to change their hair color when the seasons change. That is a given, but with all the heaters coming on we suck every bit of moisture out of the air. Couple that with the summer damage we have done, and you hair is probably fried. I would like to suggest that it is the PERFECT time of year for Hair Treatments. Put that moisture back in there baby.
- Change up the product girl! It is time to bust out your hair oils, smoothing products and thicker conditioners. If you get oily hair, have fine hair or a lot of damage I would like to introduce my new favorite line of products… Hairstory is a whole new way of shampooing. One product to rule them all. No more Shampoo and then Conditioner. I can only share my experience. The non suds nature was odd for me at first but once my hair dried I could not stop touching it. I knew this product was amazing, and the shampoo brush is the perfect perk. Dare I say my split ends are better… Yes I do. It is a pro product so you will need a link to buy. I will share mine here for you to take a look. xoxo Hairstory Link
- Everybody wants to go darker for the fall but when I think fall I immediately see Pumpkin Spice, Caramel, Cinnamon, fallen leaves, Hot Chocolate… I think warmth. Ask your Hairstylist if you have the skin tone to go in a copper, red or golden direction instead of just plain dark. You can always do this in a semi permanent which will allow for easy change if you want to go back after the seasons change.
- I know it seems typical to grow your hair out to keep you warm during the winter, but consider going in the opposite direction. A textured bob paired with a beautiful scarf and some chunky earrings is a very trendy way to spend your fall season.
- This suggestion is only hair related in the sense that I own a small local Hair Salon in Dripping Springs, but I am going to throw it out there anyways. As Christmas approaches SHOP LOCAL! Your small local businesses need your support more than the typical chains do. Gift cards, stocking stuffers, packages, products and so much more unique, and interesting finds await you in that sweet local shop you may not have noticed before. You can expect to find a local business guide for Christmas shopping in my next article.
Until then. Thank you for reading all about the 5 Autumn Ideas I had for your hair. As always I am available for all of your questions, comments, and ideas for future articles. I hope you are having a wonderful Fall Season so far.
Peace. Love. Pomme
Another lovely day to talk about your HAIR. If you haven’t figured it out it is basically my all time favorite subject. Call me a hair nerd if you will but girlfriend knows what she is talking about okurrrrr?
Now that I got that out of my system I will be serious. If you have a nagging hair problem that you can’t seem to shake no matter what products you use or how well you follow your stylists instructions… it might actually be a scalp problem. Truthfully our hair growth begins inside our bodies and if you aren’t addressing your insides then the hair won’t be healthy especially after it has been on your head for a while, keratinized and exposed to the elements. So here are a few tips of how you can take care of your hair starting with your scalp.
- Healthy eating habits. If you are not getting the proper nutrition you won’t grow properly. Opinion on my part but I think you will find it backed up by science with a simple google sess. Make sure your body is not lacking in any essential vitamins. To boost your hair health specifically you may want to consider some of these gems…
- Swiss Chard is chock full of Biotin which will help you hair grow.
- Salmon is high in Omega-3 which can help with dandruff and dry scalp.
- Final recommendation, Spinach. It has vitamin C which can help regulate your scalps oil production.
There is A LOT more foods that are good for your hair health but if you want more info consider booking a complimentary consultation with your stylist.
- Olaplex. Everybody should be using Olaplex. It reconnects your broken disulfide bonds which is the lifeline of your hairs health. PLEASE do yourself a favor and ask your stylist about it. It should be in all your color services and you definitely need Olaplex step 2 at home. I recommend slathering it on your mid shafts and combing through. Wrap it up in a high bun or braid it to get it out of your way and go to bed. Let it work its magic baby. When you wake up your going to want to wash it out and condition as usual. Please don’t underestimate the power of this product. It is AMAZING.
- At least once a year you should be booking a service with your stylist to include a scalp and hair detox and condition treatment. I like to begin with a detox treatment to remove build up followed by a special shampoo to treat your scalp specifically. Then a stand alone Olaplex treatment and finished with a customized conditioning treatment. I will often use one deep conditioner on the scalp and a different one on the hair. This service is vital to removing unhealthy scalp and hair build up and making your hair feel totally young again.
- My last tip is in your shower. Make sure the shampoo and conditioner you are using is professional quality. The ultimate hair killer is drugstore shampoo and conditioner. I can not impress upon you enough how dishonest the unprofessional beauty industry is about their products and ingredients. They are not closely regulated by the FDA and I can practically guarantee contain ingredients that are harmful to you. YES even if it is labeled all natural, organic, sulfate free etc. Do not put that on your body to sink into your blood stream. I am of the opinion that continued use of these products can cause permanent hair loss in old age among other internal medical issues. Secondarily the shampoo you pick should be aimed at addressing your scalp specific concerns and your conditioner is what you use to take care of your hair. Your stylist can help you choose the best combination.
Blonde Beauty Baby.
Subtle balayage blonde = WINNING.
Icy Blonde Platinum Haircolor
With all the love I have I wish you the most healthful and happy hair journey and I hope to see you in the salon very soon.